Thursday, February 18, 2010

No Pictures...

No additional pictures, but I'm still here in Korea. I realized that I forgot half of my laptop charger. The important half. The half that plugs into the wall. So, I haven't been able to upload any new photos, or video footage. :(

I've been eating a ton of spicy food. I don't know if that will be good for me in the end, but it's so yum I don't know what else to do! It can be lonely at times, because I don't know the language. Korean lessons, korean shmessons. I really haven't learned enough to feel confident enough yet.

I've been shopping a ton! Before I left for Korea, I bought these new frames for my glasses that are like, Old-man glasses. They look like this:




Ok....that didn't work. I tried to upload an image from the web. Hmm..... Anyway, they're bark colored, square, thick-framed glasses. I was really self-conscious wearing them though, until I came here! All the girls wear them!!! Nobody over here does a double-take, or tries to stifle a laugh when they see me with them on. Yay! :)

My mom's getting some kind of perm that simply gives her hair body. They have this thing over here called "digital perm". What??! There are no curlers involved. A machine curls your hair or something, but it does it perfectly, to whatever amount of wave you want. Pre-tty cooool.

Sorry for a blog filled with only words. I like blogs with pictures. I like photos....which reminds me, I bought a new camera yesterday! I'll um...take a picture of it, and then post it when I get back to the U.S.

Lots of love,

p. ahn

8 comments:

  1. I forget adaptors all the time too! have lots of fun in korea!
    peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello:) so are you like part korean?? i thought you were but i dont really know. anyways,, i love your music! my sister showed me and i was all "omg!" okay... have funn! bye <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently discovered your music, and now your blog! awesome! I can't wait to see all the pictures you have for us! enjoy Korea! Have a safe trip back home! oh n check out my blog if you are ever bored :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being in Korea sounds like the perfect getaway right now...enjoy your time there! Especially the food. Can't forget the super cheap shopping : )

    Sorry you're not able to upload any photos, videos, etc. Just another thing to look forward to when you get home.

    Regarding digital perms, they actually have them in the States too! It's the "new, cool thing" to do instead of getting a full-on perm haha. I believe it's supposed to give a more natural look. No crazy spirals, ya know? Anyway, I have lots of friends who have been getting digital perms. They absolutely love it.

    Safe traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Priscilla, try Rosetta Stone Korean. I did the
    Spanish & it works pretty awesome. Easier
    than the classroom ...Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just want you to know that these past couple of days have been very trying for me. My life is falling apart around me, and your songs are helping me so much to get through it. I've listened to your CD dozens of times now, and just can't seem to get enough. I especially love "A Good Day", "Dream", "Leave the Light On" and "Lullaby", but truly I just love the whole CD. You are so incredibly talented, thank you so much for sharing your music with the world, you've helped me in more ways than you'll ever know.

    -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey priscilla~
    i have a glasses that fits ur description.
    as a korean, i feel it's key to own a pair of such glasses ^^
    isn't the shopping & food awesome??
    where are some of the places/food u liked most?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heh, aren't both halves of a laptop charger equally important? Neither functions without the other...

    ReplyDelete