Friday, May 25, 2012

John Denver + Record Store Day


One of my favorite Studio Ghibli movies is "Whisper of the Heart".  I love the animation and the story.  The protagonist is a young girl who has a passion for literature and writing.  There's a scene where she and her best friend sing John Denver's "Take Me Home, Country Roads", but with her own twist on it, and of course, all in Japanese.

I fell in love with her rendition, so some of you in Japan may have heard me sing this song at my shows or as the bonus track on my last album released in Japan.  Just for fun, we made an "electronica" version of this song as well, which has now been released on vinyl in support of Record Store Day.

You might be able to find this vinyl, featuring myself and Sea of Bees at an independent record store near you!

Click here to see where you can find one of these.

www.johndenver.com has some good information about what Record Store Day is all about.  (They accidentally put the wrong song next to my name)

love,
p. ahn


1 comment:

  1. Please sing this song next time you're in Vancouver! :)

    ReplyDelete